Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Trainer Job
Henry M. Jackson Foundation
Job Code - 206665
Position - Full-Time
Job First Active on: Wednesday, September 07, 2011
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Trainer
The Henry M. Jackson Foundation (HJF) is seeking a Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Trainer to support the Center for Deployment Psychology (CDP) activities related to its training and education mission in Bethesda, Maryland. HJF provides administrative and management support to CDP.
The CDP is part of the Uniformed Services University as well as a component center of the Defense Center of Excellence for Psychological Health and Traumatic Brain Injury. The CDP has the mission to train military and civilian behavioral health providers to provide high quality deployment-related behavioral health services to military personnel and their families. The incumbent will be primarily responsible for the development and delivery of evidenced-based psychotherapy training, education and consultation.
1. Develops and delivers one- and multi-day evidenced-based psychotherapy workshops to military/Department of Defense behavioral health providers working with Service members and their families at military installations across the country.
2. Ensures that such workshops are updated regularly by performing frequent literature reviews on evidence-based psychotherapy practices and consultation with national subject matter experts. Makes necessary changes, additions, and updates to workshop materials as needed.
3. Helps create and provide consultation services to military/Department of Defense behavioral health providers who have been trained by the incumbent or other CDP staff to ensure evidence-based psychotherapy practices are being used with fidelity.
4. Also provides lectures on deployment-related topics at CDP training events for military and civilian audiences.
5. Ensures that all completed training and consultation numbers are provided to support staff.
6. Works with a team of instructors to coordinate training schedules and to develop new training materials.
7. Provides subject matter expertise to assist in the development of web-based training and consultation.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Must be experienced in using evidenced-based psychotherapy approaches for one or more of the following behavioral conditions: depression, suicide, marital or family problems, insomnia, substance abuse or chronic pain. Must be adept at developing PowerPoint presentations, performing literature reviews, and gathering pertinent information and research to build workshop curriculum for professional audiences. Must also be skilled at giving oral presentations to large audiences of behavioral health professionals. This individual must be a team player, flexible-minded, willing to take the initiative, assertive, and able to multi-task with different projects. Prior military service or work with veterans is a significant plus.
Minimum Education/Training Requirements: Master’s or doctoral degree in clinical or counseling psychology or clinical social work from an accredited program in their chosen discipline.
Minimum Experience: 2-4 years experience.
Physical Capabilities: Walking, standing, and sitting. Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Required Licenses, Registrations and Certifications: Currently licensed to practice psychology/social work in any U.S. jurisdiction.
Supervisory Responsibilities/Controls: Minimal administrative supervision requirements.
Work Environment: Main office is in a corporate setting. When delivering workshops or lectures, the incumbent will instruct on military bases and in hotels depending on the training location. Travel is required and may include occasional overseas travel. Must have, or be eligible for, a passport.
Any qualifications to be considered as equivalents, in lieu of stated minimums, require the prior approval of the Director of Human Resources.
REQUIREMENTS - QUALIFICATIONS: Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Trainer
See information above.
Henry M. Jackson Foundation for the Advancement of Military Medicine
Apply to this job!
View Company Jobs
Free Career Test
Your Resume on 75 Job Sites
The goal of CareerTopJobs is to help candidates find
jobs more easily, like the job listed on this page, "Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Trainer, in Rockville, Maryland - Henry M. Jackson Foundation". We hope CareerTopJobs will become your job source for finding open job positions in the
Pharmaceutical industry job market.