Medical Director Job
Baxter International Inc.
Job Code - 47200BR
Position - FULL TIME
Job First Active on: Thursday, December 01, 2011
The position of Medical Director for Global Clinical and Medical Affairs (GCMA) has a US responsibility and scope and is the responsible medical lead for providing clinical and technical expertise and strategy for immunology and Immunoglobulin products in the US. Contributes to the US marketing and business development strategy for currently licensed immunoglobulin products and products to be launched in the future. Supports clinical gap analysis and fulfillment strategy, publication planning and is the responsible lead for key educational activities and trainings. Responsible for direction, design, and prioritization, of Phase IV post marketing studies and evaluation of investigator initiated studies. Develops and maintain relationships with thought leaders and investigators in immunology.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Contribute to the development and implementation of scientific strategies to support business objectives for current and future products. Participate on cross-functional teams to support clinical and marketing throughout the Life Cycle Management by providing medical and technical input
• Development of clinical trial synopsis and protocols for Baxter sponsored Phase IV studies in the US. Additionally, provide input and recommendations on investigator initiated studies and function as a liaison with investigators as needed
• Serves as a member of advertising and promotional committee to provide clinical and scientific input for the marketing materials and programs to ensure scientific integrity and accuracy
• Supports development of communication and publication strategy and planning for immunology. Leads US medical advisory boards and scientific focus groups to support clinical and business objectives.
• Develops and maintain relationships with thought leaders and investigators in immunology at academic and medical centers to build scientific understanding, expertise and identify clinical gaps and challenges. Also, identifies potential Key medical leaders within immunology.
• Develops medical position papers, clinical expert reports and brief communications for HCPs and patient advocacy organizations.
• Serves as the clinical and technical expert at medical congresses and patient meetings in the US. Supports abstracts, posters and manuscripts submission to medical congresses and peer-reviewed journal
• Drives the strategy and execution of key educational activities and programs (CMEs and non-CMEs) in the US.
• Maintains a familiarity of the published medical literature relating to the product line/therapeutic area and serves as a resource regarding clinical trends and their potential impact
• Act as primary liaison to investigators interested in developing investigator driven research proposals in support of clinical and commercial objectives
• Coordinates with clinical and marketing for the design and execution of post-marketing studies and research and interpretation of clinical data
• Develops training and educational slide kit and materials for internal and external use.
REQUIREMENTS - QUALIFICATIONS: Medical Director
• Must possess interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to manage conflict situations as well as a demonstrated record of responsible actions.
• Must have excellent verbal/written communication skills, excellent presentation and teaching skills, enjoy teaching and interacting with HCPs
• Ability to influence, initiate, and accept change, and address complex, multi-faceted questions and issues. Demonstrates exceptional follow-through with respect to tasks and projects and be able to participate in a cross-functional team approach
• Ability to interact with a variety of individuals both within and outside the Baxter, which include investigators, contract research organizations (CROs), payors, and advocacy groups
Education and Experience
The successful candidate must be a Medical Doctor with at least 7 years of active medical or academic practice in immunology. Additional experience in pharmaceutical or Biotechnology Company is prefered.
• MD required with specialty training in functional area
• At least 10 years total experience. Minimum 5 years related clinical or regulatory experience. Previous pharma / biotech industry esperience preferred
Baxter International Inc.
Apply to this job!
View Company Jobs
Free Career Test
Your Resume on 75 Job Sites
The goal of CareerTopJobs is to help candidates find
jobs more easily, like the job listed on this page, "Medical Director, in Deerfield, Illinois - Baxter International Inc.". We hope CareerTopJobs will become your job source for finding open job positions in the
Pharmaceutical industry job market.