Director AD Marketing Dalcetrapib HCP Marketing Job
South San Francisco,
Job Code - 00379756
Position - See Job Description
Job First Active on: Thursday, December 22, 2011
Director AD, Marketing Dalcetrapib HCP Marketing
NOTE: Position description and qualifications are written at the Director level. Position may be filled at the Director or AD level. Reporting structure and team size may change with AD level.
The Director, Healthcare Provider Marketing leads the healthcare provider (HCP) marketing activities for prelaunch market development and launching the brand, e.g. branding, campaign development, creating and implementing HCP marketing strategies, plans, and tactics, etc.
The Director for dalcetrapib Healthcare Provider Marketing reports directly to the dalcetrapib Franchise Head and will eventually lead a team of 10+ marketers. This position offers the opportunity to develop and lead the branding and promotional aspects of market development and brand launch on a very fast paced & dynamic launch marketing team.
Example Duties and Responsibilities:
* Build the Healthcare Provider Marketing team; responsible for hiring, coaching, and managing the team
* Develop the HCP marketing plan for market development and the dalcetrapib launch
* Create the dalcetrapib branding platform, in collaboration with Global Product Strategy (GPS)
* Lead key HCP marketing activities, including creation of launch and market development campaigns, sales training, etc as well as overseeing agency of record
* Collaborate with Global Product Strategy (GPS) team members to achieve appropriate alignment on promotional campaigns
* Effectively collaborate with internal partners, including dalcetrapib team partners in Strategy, Patient/Consumer, and Medical Marketing, as well as with Sales, Commercial Training, Market Planning, Medical Affairs, and Legal and Regulatory to design and implement creative promotional programs
* Measure and communicate the effectiveness of the of Promotions teams efforts and adjust future promotional resources accordingly
* Participate in development & implementation of LRRs, 3-year brand and 1-year tactical plans and other GNE business planning processes
* Effectively manage priorities, timelines, and a large marketing budget
* Comply with all laws, regulations and policies that govern the conduct of GNE activities
* Business travel, by air or car, is required for regular internal and external business meetings
Who you are
You are an individual with the following qualifications and experience:
Candidates will be expected to have demonstrated strong creative and strategic abilities, and deliver oral and written communications in a succinct, coherent and effective manner. The Director will develop and make presentations as needed to commercial management and other internal groups, including the sales organization.
In addition, the successful candidate must have:
* Bachelors Degree (Marketing, Business Planning, Biology or Life Sciences degree is preferred)
* MBA or other related graduate-level degree is preferred
* Average of 10 or more years’ work experience
* A minimum of 4 years’ previous product marketing experience in the pharmaceutical, biotech, or other related industry with a track record of progressing to higher/more senior product marketing roles & responsibilities
* Previous field sales management experience in the pharmaceutical, biotech, or other related industry is strongly preferred; ideally, area or regional management experience, as an indication of previous leadership of larger-scale workforces
* Previous/direct managed care experience – either in account management, payer-focused marketing, or other - is preferred
* Previous direct experience with pre-launch drugs is required
* Previous marketing or sales experience in cardiovascular disease, particularly dyslipidemia
* Strong knowledge of and commitment to internal and external regulatory guidelines, compliance and promotional policies
* Demonstrated ability to establish and deliver compelling messages and campaigns that influence attitudes and behaviors of a physician audience
* Demonstrated effectiveness in leading two-way communication with the sales force gaining a high degree of motivation and alignment with sales organization
* Experience working effectively and collaboratively with global commercial teams is preferred
* Must demonstrate knowledge of the US legal-regulatory environment affecting appropriate prelaunch activities
* Ability to work and lead in a fast-paced, highly matrixed environment is essential
* Strong project and budget management skills
* Proven track record for consistently meeting or exceeding financial and/or other quantitative targets, as well as qualitative goals
Genentech is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals are encouraged to apply.
REQUIREMENTS - QUALIFICATIONS: Director AD, Marketing Dalcetrapib HCP Marketing
See Information Above
Apply to this job!
View Company Jobs
Free Career Test
Your Resume on 75 Job Sites
The goal of CareerTopJobs is to help candidates find
jobs more easily, like the job listed on this page, "Director AD, Marketing Dalcetrapib HCP Marketing, in South San Francisco, California - Genentech". We hope CareerTopJobs will become your job source for finding open job positions in the
Pharmaceutical industry job market.