Administrative Coordinator Job
Job Code - 8822
Position - Full-Time
Job First Active on: Friday, March 09, 2012
This position will report to a Senior Director of Alliance Management and support the Alliance Management group.
This position entails administrative coordinator responsibilities such as:
a) Complex scheduling for meetings with executives and personnel from other companies.
b) The coordination of large events, including the planning, and implementation of a number of event activities.
c) The administration of new and/or revised software applications/databases including interfacing with vendors, ensuring user training, etc. with minimal guidance. For example a software for tracking and payment of financial obligations (such as licensing fees, milestone payments and royalty payments, both incoming and outgoing), diligence obligations (such as periodic reporting updates, event notifications, and meeting requirements).
d) The proficient use of advanced level software programs such as Adobe Acrobat and Microsoft Office applications: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook to create and edit documents, presentations, graphs, charts, spreadsheets, and to schedule appointments, including maintaining a department calendar of key events.
e) The coordination and preparation of contracts and agreements for signature by Gilead executives and by Alliance partners and their subsequent filing and uploading in systems and databases.
f) The compilation of draft reports, legal documents, correspondence, presentations and templates, under manager’s direction.
g) The coordination of the preparation of annual budget with minimum oversight.
h) The coordination of travel arrangements and process expense reports on behalf of members of the Alliance Management group.
The Administrative Coordinator understands the goals and objectives of the entire department and exerts good judgment while juggling among conflicting priorities. Adapts to different managing styles and shows multitasking abilities. Keeps the bigger picture in mind and influences workflows accordingly. May assist with facilities space planning or office set-up. May screen and prioritize manager’s mail and email. Assists in the orientation of new administrative assistants and other staff. Ongoing, acts as a resource to other administrative assistants and is cross-trained to cover for another administrative assistant if he/she is out of the office for an extended period of time. May be required to gather data using internet searches.
REQUIREMENTS - QUALIFICATIONS: Administrative Coordinator
• Requires a minimum of a high school diploma plus 3-5+ years administrative experience. College level classes, including exposure to business, scientific, and legal terminology preferred.
• Must be able to partner effectively with all levels of staff and be proactive. Ability to collaborate cross-functionally including the support of international projects and travel requirements.
• Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills are required, including an appreciation for and sensitivity to different cultural perspectives.
• Requires knowledge and understanding of administrative and office policies and procedures. Must possess good proofreading and editing skills of technical documents.
• Has the ability to review the work of lower level administrative assistants. Advanced knowledge and experience, using a number of office software applications.
• Maintain sense of urgency and work under minimal supervision while receiving occasional direction from manager to perform non-routine job responsibilities and duties.
Apply to this job!
View Company Jobs
Free Career Test
Your Resume on 75 Job Sites
The goal of CareerTopJobs is to help candidates find
jobs more easily, like the job listed on this page, "Administrative Coordinator, in Foster City, California - Gilead". We hope CareerTopJobs will become your job source for finding open job positions in the
Pharmaceutical industry job market.