Admin Assistant Job
Job Code - 32559BR
Position - Full-Time
Job First Active on: Monday, March 12, 2012
Executive Secretary - Group Vice President of Sales and Client Services
*MUST BE A SELF-STARTER WITH STRONG COMPUTER SKILLS*
As a EXECUTIVE ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT your daily job duties would include the following:
- Acts as an internal and external liaison for Vice President
- Analyzes which items need action of direct reports during absence of VP and refer to proper source for solution
- Organizes and coordinates external visits, including research, catering, presentations, set up, contact lists
- Maintains daily appointments. Assesses meeting priorities and makes decisions regarding the scheduling, postponement or changing of meetings.
- Communicates VP deadlines requiring action
- Uses judgment and discretion to communicate with internal and external customers
- Serves as global information resource:
- Creates daily update document for VP when traveling or upon return to office, including major issues and E-mails
- Maintains contacts from Corporate office to persons reporting to VP
- Distributes updated information lists to Direct Reports for resource
- Resource for Customer phone & fax numbers
- Establishes and coordinates departmental meetings
- Create overheads/handouts for presentation for meetings
- Attend meetings and follow up on assigned action items with managers
- Compiles information and prepares monthly report
- Coordinates information and designs template
- Ensure report timeline is met
- Exercise confidentiality of the department, including personnel, financial, customer issues and records
- Coordinates travel arrangements for VP
- Coordinates and completes special projects as assigned by VP.
Because of our passion and drive, Covance attracts the kind of people whose contribution has resulted in our exceptional growth. Once a part of our talented team, our employees stay at Covance to work in an environment that encourages career development, allows them to work alongside respected colleagues on challenging projects and provides a diverse global culture.
There is no better time to join us!
Covance is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. (M/F/D/V). Your confidentiality and privacy are important to us.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Post secondary education and certification as a professional secretary
Experience - 6 years secretarial experience with at least 4 of those years supporting upper management.
- Word processing, transcription and spreadsheet skills.
- Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook.
Experience supporting Sales and with salesforce.com
REQUIREMENTS - QUALIFICATIONS: Admin Assistant
See information above
Apply to this job!
View Company Jobs
Free Career Test
Your Resume on 75 Job Sites
The goal of CareerTopJobs is to help candidates find
jobs more easily, like the job listed on this page, "Admin Assistant, in Indianapolis, Indiana - Covance". We hope CareerTopJobs will become your job source for finding open job positions in the
Pharmaceutical industry job market.