Director In Vitro Pharmacology Job
Job Code - 745
Position - Full Time - Regular
Job First Active on: Monday, April 02, 2012
Director, In Vitro Pharmacology
• Participate as a core leader of Broad Therapeutics Discovery & Development.
• Lead and manage a team of scientists conducting in vitro pharmacology (protein production, biochemistry, biophysics and cellular pharmacology) activities to advance leads from preclinical discovery into early clinical development.
• Manage performance and development of individual staff members for maximal success and motivation.
• Serve as In Vitro Pharmacology Research representative on preclinical and clinical project teams, contributing to design and planning of multiple individual projects.
• Develop new approaches to continuously improve quality and speed of molecules in drug development, for example by implementing new hit validation methods.
• Establish and manage external collaborations and contribute to assessment of external business alliance and in-licensing opportunities.
• Lead internal and/or external multidisciplinary project teams from target discovery through Proof-of-Concept in humans.
REQUIREMENTS - QUALIFICATIONS: Director, In Vitro Pharmacology
The qualified candidate will have a demonstrated record of leading in vitro pharmacology teams to advance leads and candidate drugs. This should include:
• Excellent management skills, including the ability to set high but reachable goals, define priorities, manage individual performance, and infuse the team with a sense of purpose and urgency.
• Demonstrated ability to implement processes necessary to accomplish objectives, knows how to organize people and activities and how to measure progress.
• Previous industry experience with a record of effective project leadership and a strong understanding of the drug development process from lead identification through clinical trials.
• Active experience in leading biochemistry, biophysics, protein science and cellular pharmacology activities
• A track record of innovation and development and use of new research methods and approaches.
• A strong publication record and experience in giving presentations at scientific conferences.
• Ability to initiate and manage external collaborations and engage key opinion leaders.
• Strong interpersonal, influencing and collaboration skills to work in a team-oriented, matrix environment, and the ability to work through conflicts.
• Outstanding verbal and written communication abilities.
• Ability to adapt to and effectively manage changes in a fast paced and dynamic environment; ability to act and perform with key information
• A passion for drug discovery and sense of urgency to find new medicines to benefit patients.
• Education: Ph.D. in biochemistry, chemistry, biology, or a related field. Experience: 10+ years of industry experience is required
Apply to this job!
View Company Jobs
Free Career Test
Your Resume on 75 Job Sites
The goal of CareerTopJobs is to help candidates find
jobs more easily, like the job listed on this page, "Director, In Vitro Pharmacology, in Cambridge, Massachusetts - Broad Institute". We hope CareerTopJobs will become your job source for finding open job positions in the
Pharmaceutical industry job market.