Senior Clinical Research Technician Phase I Clinical Research Job
Job Code - 1205591
Position - FULL TIME
Job First Active on: Thursday, April 12, 2012
Senior Clinical Research Technician, Phase I Clinical Research
Quintiles pioneered the idea of helping pharma companies conduct objective clinical trials to establish not only whether a drug is effective, but who can take it safely. Our customers have relied on us to design and conduct rigorous clinical research for decades, from small studies to multinational mega-trials. However, we continue to develop new ways of interpreting and evaluating data that allow us to create more effective trials and determine outcomes faster. If that is your passion, we have a place for you.
In Quintiles' Phase I Clinic, research studies are conducted each year that identify the medicines that will help people live happier and healthier lives. The medical professional who provides care and support for study volunteers are at the forefront of drug development. It's work worth doing. We have an exciting career opportunity for a Clinical Research Technician, PRN in our Overland Park, KS Phase I Unit.
The Clinical Research Technician performs a variety of complex clinical procedures to collect, record, report and interpret data on volunteers enrolled and/or seeking enrollment in clinical studies according to standard operating procedures (SOPs). In this position, you will monitor volunteer response to evaluate effect of investigational drug. Assist with daily workload planning and staffing. Additional responsibilities may include:
• Collect, record, and maintain volunteer screening, check-in and study data according to study-specific protocol and SOPs ensuring quality control for content, accuracy, and completeness. Record, report, and interpret findings appropriately to develop study-specific database
• Prepare for clinical trials by organizing and labeling specimen collection tubes and containers, setting up equipment and documents, and planning logistical activity for procedures as per study protocol
• Perform a variety of medical procedures such as phlebotomy and cardiac telemetry monitoring. Cross train in the laboratory, radiology, and spirometry testing
• Monitor volunteer safety and report adverse reactions to appropriate medical personnel. Attend to volunteer requests
• Maintain and restock medical supplies as needed. Maintain cleanliness and sanitation of the unit
This is a full time position with rotating shifts to include evenings, nights, and weekends. Great opportunity for a recent college graduate.
REQUIREMENTS - QUALIFICATIONS: Senior Clinical Research Technician, Phase I Clinical Research
• High school diploma or educational equivalent and 4 years relevant life sciences experience; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Bachelor's degree preferred
Apply to this job!
View Company Jobs
Free Career Test
Your Resume on 75 Job Sites
The goal of CareerTopJobs is to help candidates find
jobs more easily, like the job listed on this page, "Senior Clinical Research Technician, Phase I Clinical Research, in Overland Park, Kansas - Quintiles". We hope CareerTopJobs will become your job source for finding open job positions in the
Pharmaceutical industry job market.